Keep Your VW Running Mile After Mile
Volkswagen vehicles have a reputation for being reliable, and the best way to maintain that is to give your vehicle regular check-ups. At Motorcars International in Smyrna, GA, we know what it takes to keep a vehicle running at peak performance. Your vehicle needs common preventative maintenance services like oil changes and tire rotations, but you also need to anticipate any unexpected issues that may arise in your car. Our team has decades of experience working on Import vehicles and Volkswagen specifically. Come by the shop today to discuss your vehicle’s needs or have a look at the common issues that arise in Volkswagen models below: 1711 Spring Rd. SE, Smyrna, GA 30080
Issues You May Experience in Your Volkswagen
- Oil Leaks: Depending on how your Volkswagen is used and in what climate, the engine is likely to develop an oil leak. Keeping up with regular oil changes will allow your technician to keep an eye on any developing leaks.
- Coolant Leaks: Volkswagen’s can also develop coolant leaks that will be visible under your vehicle. Regular fluid checks can help your technician keep an eye on the issue.
- Coolant System Aging: The coolant system itself is prone to aging because it is rather small on a Volkswagen. It only holds a small amount of coolant, so any leak requires immediate attention.
- Smoke: If your vehicle ever produces smoke, you should try to find the source as soon as possible. If the problem is a coolant leak, you must have it repaired before your engine overheats.
- Timing Belt: When it’s time for your timing belt to be replaced, you may start experiencing slapping or scraping noises coming from the engine. When you replace a worn-out timing belt, be sure o replace the water pump, tensioner, and rollers.
- Suspension Knocking: As your Volkswagen ages, the ball joints that allow you to steer smoothly absorb the shock from the movements of your vehicle. When they wear out, those ball joints aren’t smoothing out your ride, and you’ll begin to experience squeaking and clicking noises as you maneuver your car.
Experts to Answer All Your Questions
Auto Repair shouldn’t be a guessing game, and you should always get all the information you need to make an informed decision. Whether you are experiencing a common Volkswagen issue like those listed above or you’re dealing with another drastic repair, our team at Motorcars International in Smyrna, GA, has seen it before, and we’re ready to tackle it again. We use state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment to get the most information we can from your vehicle, and we’ll also ask you about what you’re experiencing while you drive. Together we can come up with a repair plan that works for your schedule and your budget. Call us today for an appointment: (770) 432-2336RepairPal